We hear that there are no magical treatment or cures for stretch marks, we either get them or we don’t. Our genetics and our skins elasticity play a big role.
It is inevitable that as your baby grows inside you, your skin also has to grow and stretch. Hormonal effects soften skin fibers and stretch marks are caused by damage and changes within the elastic supportive layer of the skins during rapid weight gain.
However all is not lost. I’m a believer in being proactive and doing something positive. So here’s a list of things that you can do to help reduce stretch marks occurring.
- Maintain a healthy weight, Gradual, not rapid weight gain is best. You don't have to eat for two.
- Stay hydrated, drink at least 1.5 lts of fluid per day. Water, herbal teas, smoothies or caffeine free beverages).
- Eat a healthy balanced diet including fresh fruit, vegetables and vitamin rich foods.
- Reduce processed food intake. These can contain large amounts of salt, sugar and fat.
- Go for a walk or swim. Exercise improves circulation which helps skin stay supple.
- Massage the skin with oils/ lotions or butters. This again improves circulation and helps keeps skin supple. Specific oils can hydrate and rejuvenate skin cells.
Natures touch has formulated a belly butter that penetrated deep into skin layers to help maintain skins elasticity and assist in cell regeneration. https://naturestouch.co.nz/products/belly-butter?variant=39048460306